Thursday, September 27, 2007

....Halo 3!!!


I know, I know, I'm 35 years old and I shouldn't be playing video games. I'm a business owner, wait I'm a double business owner. I have four kids and a new wife. I just got a new......I mean another calling in church. So what the heck do I need with a video game habit? Alright, I'll be honest with you. I have been a Halo addict in the past. Not lately, once I realized that I couldn't function in the morning after an all night LAN party (thats tech talk for hooking up multiple Xboxes and playing all night), I decided I had better give up the habit. But that was Halo 2. Halo 3 comes in High Definition a perfect fit for my HD TV. Halo 3 has very improved graphics and all kinds of new weapons to shoot at other players. Halo 3 has four wheelers and cool sand racers. Halo 3 broke all entertainment industry records by selling $170 million worth of games in the first 24 hours. I contributed $60 U.S. to that figure.

So, I get the guys together, ask nicely for my beautiful wife's permission and host a Halo 3 LAN party. Little did I know that one of the young men I invited over was a junkie and had already played the brand new game for about 10 hours that day. Needless to say, this old man got WORKED OVER HARD!!!! It was ugly. So, maybe thats what I get for trying to hold onto a juvenile habit as a 35 year old father of four.

Oh well, I bet I can beat Kimberlee at Halo 3! So here I am writing my second blog and filling it with useless meandering thoughts of video games and old age. If you care to read on I will tell you something potentially more interesting.

I sold Gordon Giracek, from the Utah Jazz, $290 worth of supplements today.

I also mentioned earlier my new er.....should I say, our new calling. Apparently, either the Bishop doesn't trust me to do a calling on my own or he really wants me to create a bond with my new wife. We are already team teachers in primary. Either way, Kim and I are the proud new ZONE LEADERS in the ward mission. Yes, you heard right. I haven't been a ZL since January of 1993. And I wasn't sleeping with my companion then. Thank Goodness, he wasn't all that good looking. Our stake is the pilot stake for a new program under the direction of Elder L. Tom Perry. We are the Zone Leaders over one block in our ward. We have the responsibility of welcoming in new members of the ward and then either converting them or re-activating them. If they fail to take either of these steps within 6 months, we are responsible for making their lives a living Hell. Once this is accomplished and they move out, we start the cycle all over again. In our case we have about 4 non member families, one part member family and a couple of less actives. Our next door neighbors who seemed happy and content until Kim moved in, have chosen to move out this weekend. Go figure, you would of thought if they put up with me for 4 years they could make it through this. So we have fresh neighbors of an unknown religious persuasion moving in. The gossip mill is running full speed ahead. So far we have gathered from a variety of sources that they have 5 and 9 year old daughters. Oh wait, 7 and 9 year old daughters. Nope, maybe it is one 8 year old daughter. Depends on who we ask. Anyway, the father is from New Zealand, or so we hear. They might be active Mormons or not. So we may or may not have our work cut out for us. I figure the guy must be into Halo, so I will start by inviting him to my next LAN party. Talk about fellowshipping.

So, we have come full circle. Halo 3 and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Somehow I don't think anything Bill Gates has an affiliation with can be related to our Savior. Regardless, I have blogged too long and my newlywed wife needs....................attention.

Catch ya later.


Jared

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have never seen the Wizard of Oz, wow! Mom and i went and saw the Wizard of Odd at Desert Star, it was really funny. You should check out a play there. It's a great place. I love your blogs, you are a very funny guy. Thanks for taking good care of mom yesterday. Caio! Alison :)