Tuesday, May 20, 2008

...Responding to my wifey's tag...

8 Things I am passionate about...

In no particular order....
1. My Wife
2. My Kids
3. Vitality (my store)
4. My formulas
5. My close friends
6. The Gospel
7. Fantasy Football.....I know, I am a huge Geek
8. Music......From Dream Theater to Neil Diamond and a whole lot in between

8 Books I have read in the past six months

1. This is not fair, I have 3 jobs and 4 kids and, and, and
2. The Complete History of Dream Theater
3. An inconvenient Book
4. A published study on Sensoril Ashwagandha extract (this was excellent)
5. 7 labels 437 times each
6. at least 500 pages of anecdotal evidence of various herbs for the following ailments; cold and flu, constipation, weight loss, appetite control, water retention, urinary tract infections, high cholesterol, anxiety and stress, energy and adrenal exhaustion.
7. Reading the Book of Mormon
8. Oh, and Joan and Kimberlee's blogs....they are my favorite

8 Things I often say

1. I love you
2. I miss you (been gone a lot lately)
3. What, your quitting? (lost a couple of employees this week)
4. Awesome, those are selling like crazy. ( Adrenal and Anxiety from RidgeCrest are setting records)
5. Excuse me ( been a little gassy lately)
6. Holy Cow, you are amazing (to my ridiculously motivated wife)
7. Hebrew Nationals (this has been the focus of a very intense series of messages between Joan and I) VERY INTENSE
8. Our kids are rotten/perfect...depending on the moment

8 Things I want to do before I die

1. Serve a mission with my wife
2. Become sealed to my wife
3. See all four of our kids become productive and faithful adults despite the unpleasantness they have all been through at their tender ages
4. New York City with my wife
5. See Switzerland and Germany
6. A Redskins game
7. See Brandon and Joan move to Utah
8. Have a nationally syndicated radio show and a book published

8 Things I have learned or remembered again in the last 12 months

1. That marriage can be completely fulfilling for both people involved
2. That being considerate is possibly the most valuable personality trait one can posses. Being considerate of your spouses feelings makes everyone happier and being considerate of your co-worker or employees is essential to happiness at work
3. Caring for the children the Lord has blessed you with is the most rewarding thing you can do
4. You can learn to love other people's children as your own if you use a gospel perspective. And although I am not quite there yet, I am getting closer by the day
5. Working for yourself is extremely rewarding and ridiculously challenging all at the same time
6. There really are only 24 hours in a day (even in a leap year)
7. I don't juggle as well as I thought I could (that is metaphorically speaking........oh wait and literally too)
8. I like to Blog and at least three very wonderful women enjoy reading what I write

8 People I want to tag

1. Mom
2. Joan
3. Already saw Kim's
4. Will
5. Alison
6. Craig
7. Britt
8. Brandon....I guess, cause Kim put him last...and he is sort of a funny guy, I mean, he is ok as far as that stuff goes...I think he is alright, I suppose.

So, there are my deep and often poignant thoughts about eights.

See ya

5 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

You are the best! I love you...We have really learned a lot together...and it looks like we need to save some money and accomplish all of our "before I die" lists.....Brandon, when you read this, just remember....."last the best of all the games."

Joan said...

I think I have the right to feel honored. I mean, considering the fact that I was mentioned FOUR times in this post.
Oh, btw...I have vowed to myself never to respond to another tag. Sorry, it would go against Joan's blogging code of ethics. Don't take it personally or anything. It has nothing to do with the fact that you are short.
ps...did you notice that I like to tease you? haha.
Oh...one more thing and I promise I'll shut up: if you want to buy your wifey a little gift stop by Costco and pick up a copy of "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer. I have a picture of the book on my latest post. I know she'll enjoy it.

Tiffiny said...

Hey...I'm amazed at how openly you and Kim talk about your relationship...it's refreshing. Another good book for y'all, The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. Excellent! Also try C.S. Lewis's The Problem of Pain. Deep! Did you ever read Ender's Game? How did Lily's recital go? Sorry we didn't end up coordinating so we could come see it. We spent the whole weekend in Park City helping out with the wheelchair rugby tournament. We even got stranded when they shut down both I-80 and HWY 189! Home now and very happy about it!

Joan said...

I'm still waiting from an oh so clever comment from you, Mr. St. Clair...

Anonymous said...

Good Job, Jared. I always love reading your blog entries and this tag one was very interesting. You're a good writer, and I have read your Mother's Day letter over a few times, because it was so meaningful for me. I'm glad you love me so much, because I feel the same way about you. You're a fine son, and I'm very proud of all you've been able to accomplish in your life thus far. I'm happy just knowing that you're so happy.