Thursday, May 8, 2008

...Traveling, Expanding and Missing

YES, traveling. It has taken its tole. And, since I never seem to tire of travel, it is a surprise to hear myself say that. Over the last 37 days, I have been out of town for 21. Maybe that isn't a big deal to people who travel all the time, but to me, it's a lot. Stack that on top of the 16 projects I have going on right now, remodeling and expanding my store, launching 2 new products for RidgeCrest and 1 for Myogenix and launching a new brand all together etc, etc. It's a lot to deal with, and I am really burned out right now, or at least I thought I was until today at RidgeCrest when I think I had a brilliant idea for my newest product. My new UTI formula just received a great new twist. But, I won't bore you with herbal mumbo jumbo. Suffice it to say, I am tired and glad to be home. This is what I have learned from my time on the road.

1. If I want to get a whole lot done around the house, all I have to do is leave. Let's see, so far while gone on business trips I have seen my beautiful wife beautify our home by.....completely re-doing our bedroom, painting our entire upstairs, putting in a huge garden and so on. What an amazing woman.
2. When I leave, I am missed. But not by my kids. It used to be, before Kim came along, that my kids missed me a lot while I was gone. Actually, they did quite a bit for the first 6 months of our marriage as well. But the last 4 trips I have taken, they don't seem to miss me a bit. Kim does such a great job with them that they just don't need me all that much. Now Kimberlee, Kimberlee loves and misses me greatly......that may have something to do with the kids.
3. No matter how good the power forward for the Jazz plays in the regular season, he never seems to play all that well in the playoffs.
4. Chicago stuffed pizza IS as good as it is cracked up to be.
5. When I dress like a pirate, I look fabulous.
6. When I dress like a pirate, 16 year old girls think I am hot.
7. I dress like a pirate everyday now.
8. There is only one Potbelly sandwich and it is amazing.
9. The Newport Beach temple is absolutely beautiful.
10. Not only is my store expanding, but due in large part to Potbelly's and Giordano's Pizza Parlor.....so is my stomach.
11. My kids are amazing. All 4 of them. And even though they don't love me enough to miss me while I am gone, they still love me quite a bit, and I miss them like crazy when I am gone.
12. I love what I do for a living, and some day it is going to pay off. ( I hope)
13. My wife is perfect for me, and I will tell you why: because I am a complete and utter cheeseball when it comes to romance. I like it gooey and cheesy. She does too. Thank goodness, cause I think I would drive certain other women crazy with the amount of cheddar that goes into my ideas for gifts and surprises. I'll let her tell you about the latest one, just know that I love doing it, and she seems to really love receiving it. What a team!
14. I AM OVER-OBLIGATED.

So, here I am, nearly a month gone by since my last blog. I would love to do one every week, but I just can't seem to find the time or inspiration, and as it is this blog is really not as entertaining as I would like it to be. Please, give me another chance, because in a few hours I intend to follow up with a much funnier subject.....Broadway.

Until then, I will be blogging on my radio show blog.

I love you all, or at least all of you that I love anyway.

Bye

4 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

My list is as follows....
1. Yes, you have traveled WAY too much the past five weeks.
2. I love you.
3. You are a very, very sexxxy pirate.
4. You are NOT allowed to pose for text messages to 16 year olds.
5. My costumes are not authentic, but my love for you is...
6. I love you, and miss you terribly when you are away.
7. Our children are naughty...but I love them anyways.
8. I am overjoyed that you are finally home for a few weeks.
9. It is fabulous that you enjoyed Wicked...let's go again when it comes to SLC.
10. I love you.
11. I love that you love me.
12. I had fun...last night, the night before last, and the night before that....
13. Shall we make it four in a row?
14. I love you.....

Joan said...

SIIIIIIIICKKKKK!!! You guys are nymphos! I'm glad you have a healthy sex life and you are not afraid to share it in socially unacceptable arenas ie: the blogging world. But with that being said, I think Kim would be any man's dream wife. You are one blessed man...and she is one lucky girl too...I guess :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jared,
You always make me smile when I read your blogs. I enjoyed both the "Wicked" one and this one. You do look GREAT in your Pirate Costume!! I'm glad you're back home, too, and that your trips were successful for you. Kimberlee IS amazing, and I'm so glad that you love each other so much and are not afraid to share it with all of us.
Love, Mom
P.S. Thanks to both of you for the Wonderful Mother's Day Dinner Celebration!!

Anonymous said...

To the Remind emphasize blog post. As a born and bred Chicagoite I am obsessed this and all things chicago. I own and work in a cafe and I suggest more people in these crazy economic times come out to restaurants in Chicago. Check out [url=]http://friendseat.com/chicago[/url] or[url=]http://chicagorestaurants.com/[/url] and love your locale joint.